The guarantee applies to all forms of personal, business and trust deposits held in Saskatchewan credit unions.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- chequing or savings accounts
- term deposits such as GICs
- registered plans, such as RRSPs, on deposit in a credit union
- the Canadian equivalent of funds deposited in another currency
- accrued interest on deposits
- principal on index-linked term deposits – the return is guaranteed once the credit union is holding it
The guarantee covers all deposits in Saskatchewan credit unions regardless of membership, citizenship or residence of the depositor.